Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday morning pleasures


Our regular Sunday mornings are great.  We get up a little later than during the week, get ready at a comfortable pace, and head out the door in plenty of time to get to Sunday school, followed by worship.  We love our usual routine, but today I am reminded of how great it is to change things every once in a while.  Like today.  Jeffrey & Sloane are on a scouting trip as hunting season is about to begin.  I decided to take the day off, just for me.

I have had the most delicious morning.  I always ask Jeffrey and Sloane to wake me up when they leave early.  What's a little sleep when compared to not saying, "Good morning, loves."?  Since I was awake so early, I decided to just stay up.  I spent hours in bed reading Etta and Otto and Russell and James.  The room was chilly as the October breezes crept in and I snuggled under our cozy duvet.

When I finally got up, I saw that Jeffrey had left me muffins ready for the oven; a reminder to have a nice breakfast and take care of myself.  The muffins are baking, fill the house with the smell of sugar and cinnamon, and I thought I'd stop by and say hello. Tell me, what are you doing with your delicious October Sunday morning?

5 comments:

alexa said...

How lovely! You paint such a restful, cosy picture of your morning ... And a very thoughtful partner :).

Jeanie said...

How lovely to see you post again -- and your day sounds exactly right -- the how anyone would love a morning to begin. (Good job, Jeffrey, with the muffins!)

Unknown said...

May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your post, Relyn. Coincidentally, I have been by myself at home this weekend too - for the first time in 20 years. (With three animals to look after.) I am spending my free time blogging, which I haven't had time to do for ages. It is great to be able to decide what I would like to do for myself. Good for Jeffrey leaving you the muffins!

amelia said...

Oh, that sounds like a perfect sort of day! I need to see how I can sneak on in myself . . .

Oldies, but Goodies