Sunday, June 15, 2008

About Alphabetica

I have been engaged in a passionate love affair with words and letters, books and reading for most of my life. The two hobbies most central to who I am are reading and writing. Words and language, IDEAS, and the tools to communicate them - those are the things I am most passionate about.

In the most elemental form, words are a collection of symbols known as letters. The alphabet, as far as I am concerned, is man's crowning achievement. Words allow us to give shape to our thoughts and dreams. Hence, the alphabet allows us to communicate. To connect. To convince. Even to shape a world. Isn't the Constitution of the United States simply a collection of letters on a page? And yet, those letters gave birth to the greatest system of government known to man. That genius was captured by words on a page. The ideas perpetuated by letters and the ability to read them.

Alphabetica, a collection of words and images, created for my own pleasure. Shared, for yours. In homage to man's crowning achievement.

(Please click the label below to see all the Alphabetica posts so far. Thanks.)

No comments:

Oldies, but Goodies