1. I write in gel ink only - usually purple or pink. Sometimes in bright green or orange, but never, ever blue or black.
2. I love to eat real chocolate chip cookie dough, but hate cookie dough flavored ice cream.
3. I adore strawberries, but didn't eat my first one till I was in my 20s.
4. I almost always notice people's teeth, but could rarely tell you someone's eye color.
5. I have a song lyric for every occasion, phrase, or mood. I must know at least a thousand songs. If I hear a song once, I know it. Twice and I have the entire thing memorized. (One time Jeffrey and I heard a piece on NPR about a guy who could sing for an hour and never repeat a song. Jeffrey was amazed, but I said, "I can do that. Piece of cake." I did it, too. I sang for an hour and 15 minutes without stopping. Plus, I limited myself only to church songs. Oh the things you'll do on a long car trip.)
6. Because of the above mentioned skill, I love the game Encore.
7. I love playing most board games, but I hate Monopoly.
8. I eat butter, peanut butter, and syrup on my pancakes and french toast. It has to go on in that order, and the syrup really needs to be Log Cabin.
9. I never add salt to anything and usually scrape it off my fries or pretzels.
10. I can carpool with a friend for a year and still not tell you what kind of car they drive. I often can't recognize it in a parking lot either. (This has happened more than
once. When asked about someone's car I usually say, "It's red. And small. Not a truck.")
11. I believe in being silly. It's probably the first thing Sloane or my students would say if you asked them to describe me. Life is too short not to laugh every chance you get - even if it's only at yourself.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Maybe We're All a Little Odd
Jessica at Turkey Cookies just posted a list of unimportant things about herself. At the end of her post she asked her readers to share a little thing about themselves. I had so much fun writing my comment that I thought I would tag myself. Here's my list of a few of the odd and quirky things about me.
I could keep going, but I think I'd better stop at eleven so that I don't scare you off. Now I'm wondering about my dear fireside sitters. What's odd and quirky about you? I really want to know. Happy weekend!
The picture above is of me being silly with one of my fourth grade students. It's cropped oddly because I didn't want to picture someone without permission. This way, I don't think anyone can tell who it is.
In case you want more...
Poem Hunger Favorite Things I Love Lists Personal Passions 52 Lists Slice of Life Lawsonland Being Momma Bookish Thoughts A Habit of Gratitude Just Me Guest Blogger Just Thinking NaBloPoMo August Break Family Stories Something for You This moment Team Lawson The Good Life Christmas Cup of Blessings I Love America Alphabetica Jeffrey My Love Precious Ordinary SOOJ AprilLove Intention Why Don't You Inspiration Opinions Please Quotes unphotographable The BIG List Art San Francisco I love Presents Monthly Mosaic The Art of Silly December Reflections Travel Book of the Week Fiction