Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that yesterday's date was 3.2.10? BLAST OFF!!! I called it Rocket Day and my class celebrated blasting off toward our goals. I use goal setting extensively in my classroom, and this was a fun way to reinforce those lessons. Don't you just love super-silly celebrations like that? In honor of Rocket Day, I offer a list to help us all blast off toward our own goals.
3 things to get you started when you set a goal
- Dream Big - Dream as big as you're willing to work.
- Tell Somebody - Make it public and you're ten times as likely to achieve it.
- Break it Down - Immediately break your big goal into smaller, more doable pieces, and set a deadline for the first step.
- Reward Yourself - Small achievements deserve big recognition, and maybe a small treat or two.
- Reevaluate Your Goals - Now that you've gotten started, is this still really what you want to do? If yes, great! If no, feel free to change it. It's your goal after all.
- You can do it!
Amazing photo by 4pizon.