When I began this project, I intended my lists to be autobiographical so that by the end of the year I would have an odd version of a life story. That has turned out to be more time consuming and difficult than you might imagine. I was thinking about this week's list when I visited this blogger.
"Yippie! I'm gonna copy," I thought. "Today's list will be a piece of cake. It has to be, I've sort of written about it before." Yeah, right. Four hours later... It's now Thursday for cripe's sake!
Just a peek inside my bag.
It doesn't look like I schlep very much, does it?
- reading material ~ I never go anywhere without something to read. I often carry a book and a magazine or two. I usually also have a bulging file of papers to be graded.
- my journal ~ I never, ever go anywhere without a journal. Ever.
- keys ~ I have the most beautiful key chain ever sitting in a box at home. Have you ever seen this one? I love it. Love it! But, I haven't been able to give up the convenience of my clicker yet.
- sunglasses ~ I'm too vain about getting eye wrinkles. I never go without 'em.
- date book~ Isn't it cute? It's from WalMart, believe it or not.
- cosmetics bag ~ This is the most frequently used item in my purse. Even more than my wallet. I'm not kidding.
- wallet ~ This wallet is one of my favorite gifts ever. My dad brought it back for me from Africa. It's real ostrich skin, and its perfect.
- pencil pouch ~ I like to compartmentalize. See below.
- techno-bag ~ I told you I like to compartmentalize. It makes things quick and easy to find.
- cell phone ~ I am wishing and hoping and praying for an iPhone. But, AT&T gets terrible signal way out here in the country.
In the techno-bag:
- Bible ~ It's not technology, but it fits perfectly.
- iPod ~ How did we function before these things were invented?
- mini-album ~ Not technology either, I know. I love having so many pictures of Sloane and Jeffrey with me.
- Picture reader ~ You never know. I might need to blog on the spot and not be able to wait till I get home to download my pictures.
- Jump drive ~ You never know when you might need one. I find that I use mine all the time.
- Flip ~ Do you have a Flip? I love it. It's the best $100 I've ever spent.
- Cannon PowerShot ~ Not pictured since I was using it. My camera is another thing I take with me absolutely everywhere I go.
In the pencil pouch:
- Post-its ~ I do love a good Post-it. Don't you? I constantly have to restock these as Sloane uses them up quickly.
- glue stick ~ You never know...
- writing instruments ~ I must have a Sharpie and Uniball Rollers in great colors. I never know what mood my words are going to be in when I sit down with my journal. This way I am prepared. Sloane loves it, too. She's created many masterpieces with the contents of my pencil pouch.
- binder clip ~ for those papers I have to grade
- scissors ~ Man! I carry a lot of things around just in case.
- white out ~ I should take this out since Sloane nor I ever use it.
- pencil ~ I love this Kate Spade pencil from my friend Mandy. Her designs are so great, but I am a teacher, you know. This pack of pencils may be the only Kate Spade thing I ever own.
In the cosmetics bag:
- Band-aids ~ This is another item I have to constantly restock.
- Mirror ~ A Christmas gift from a good friend.
- Bonnie Bell ~ I thought the color might be a great replacement for a discontinued gloss I loved. It's not, but this stuff tastes great. I usually put it on at the end of the day when I don't want to "waste" my more expensive makeup on a trip to the grocery store.
- Avon Dew Kiss ~ a perfect lip moisturizer
- MAC lipsticks ~ Twig for every day, Dubonnet for date night
- Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme ~ I have the worst, most peely nails you ever saw. I've tried absolutely everything over the years. This is the only product that has ever helped my nails. I put it on two or three times a day and my nails grow. Amazing! Now I have these cute tins stashed all over the place.
- Advil gel caps
- Walgreen's refreshing aloe lotion ~ I love this stuff. It soaks right in and doesn't leave me feeling greasy. Jeffrey thinks it stinks, but the smell fades quickly.
- MAC lip liner in Spice
- nail tools ~ I can't stand to have ragged or dirty nails or cuticles
- eyebrow brush ~ If your eyebrows look good, your face looks better. True.
- Nars lip gloss in All Night Long ~ I wear it over everything. And by itself. It's fabulous. Worth the price. Definitely.
- Clean and Clear blot papers ~ These are not pictured since I just ran out. I have very oily skin and this stuff soaks it all up without removing my makeup. Excellent!