Thursday, June 14, 2012

making time for friends



My friend Melissa and I had a girlfriend date yesterday.  We had pedicures and a tearoom lunch followed by a gorgeous movie.  It was so much fun to have hours and hours to talk.  We usually squeeze our conversations into recess duty and lunch breaks.  It was purely luxurious to just sit and chat.  (I think the waitress thought we would never leave.)

I was smiling this morning and thinking about our time together; thinking about how important it is to make time for things that really matter.  And, I got this idea.  A brainstorm really.  I thought I would commit to a ten day project.  Each day I will make the time to do one thing I have been putting off or that I don't usually make time for.  Then, I'll post about it the next morning in order to keep myself accountable.  Care to join me?

The toes above belong to three cousins.  Sloane's are the bright green ones, of course. 

10 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Wonderful idea! Lately I've been spending more time playing the piano instead of squeezing it in between other things.

Sweet Tea said...

I love girlfriend days!!
Can't wait to see what's ahead in your posts.

Sally Wessely said...

Great idea. Today, I am just making time to catch up on reading blogs. It has been wonderful to see how my blog friends are doing. I've just not had time to read blogs for several weeks.

S. Etole said...

What a fun picture of those toes ... looking forward to your updates..

rachel awes said...

GORGEOUS photo..honest, warm, light.
in may i had my first pedicure w/a girlfriend...my toes understand!
LOVE to youuuuuuu!

Roban said...

Long lunch chats with a friend are so much fun. I love your project idea. I may have to do this, too.

Unknown said...

mmmmmm.... luscious idea. One I need to join you on. Today, I finally made time to come back to your blog, which I have missed, and to catch up with my online crafting group. I even joined a swap, which I have not made time to do in over a year! Can't wait!!

susanna said...

I often think after meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in a while, Why don't we do this more often??? Time spent with friends is just so good for the soul! Glad that you were able to spend time with your friend yesterday, Relyn. So what gorgeous movie did you both see?

Marilyn Miller said...

Great idea and I would love a day of talk and pedicures with a dear friend. How fun!

Amy said...

Oh, that sounds like a little piece of heaven!

Oldies, but Goodies