* A song: a lullaby for adults, "Before the Sun" by Shannon Curtis.
* Most blessed moment this week: Watching my 65 year old mom surrounded by four 11 year old girls at Sloane's birthday sleepover. They were all laughing and chatting and having a great time as they painted Mom's nails with purple crackle nail polish.
* Image of the week: phoebe! by karrah kobus - be sure to read the story behind this image
* Want it: super cool iPhone charger by Rich Neely Designs
* Great read: Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet
* A small way to change the world: Best 4 minutes and 32 seconds I've spent in ages.
* What's making me happiest: We have a two day work week next week!
* Taste treat: jalapeno popper dip
* Another short film: This one is a music video, "Love Is Making It's Way Back Home" by Josh Ritter
The image above was taken in downtown DesMoines a few weeks ago.