Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Faves


* A song: some quiet music, "Symphony No. 3: Il. Lento E Largo" by Henryk Gorecki

* Great Read: Story, a Tale in Two Parts by Lauren Evans and Carole Douglas

* An old Christmas movie: I can't tell you how much I love Christmas in Connecticut.


* Image of the Week: Angel of Broken Dreams, by Robin Laws

* A blog full of vintage book love

* PINspiration: Rouges by PA M E L A

* Quote of the Week: "You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel." ~ Theo Seuss Geisel

* A newer Christmas movie: I adore this version of A Christmas Carol.

* Oops Moment: My kids were misbehaving A LOT and we were having a short class meeting to find some solutions.  I said to them, "Please, please don't make me call Santa's Teacher Hotline and report your behavior.  This kind of behavior gets you on the naughty list."  I expected them to laugh.  Uh oh.  They believed me.  Yikes!   

* Funniest Moment: We were out at Silver Dollar City and Jeffrey accidentally dropped his iPod in the toilet.  When he went online to find out what he could do to fix it, he found that this is a fairly common problem.  So common, in fact, that they have a name for it: an iTurd.

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love your Friday Favs.
I love you
Hugs and much love my sweet friend
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

enjoying my visit here after a much too long break from blogs. hoping your weekend is rich, peaceful and full of smiles.

Marilyn Miller said...

Robin's photography is so special.
Laughing at the iTurd.
Oh my, your class must trust you explicitly.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Ahhhhh! I always think about dropping my iPhone in the toilet! Not that I think about doing it exactly, I think about how horrible it would be if I accidentally did. Hehehe.

Now that I have a TV again, I am looking forward to the cheesy holiday movies that are on this time of year. The kind that have people realizing the error of their ways or finding love and always have happy endings. I do love them.

GraceGal said...

I love your oops moment:) great post!

Hindsfeet said...

oh Relyn! Thanks for the reminder about "Christmas in Connecticut"! I'd forgotten about that classic! Am locking and loading it now for a little holiday cheer : )

Thanks again,
(and hilarious about the iTurd ; p )

Amy said...

Good times, that!

As for Santa's Teacher Hotline, it's very serious business, indeed! :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

(an iturd....snicker)
I love all of this Christmasy goodness
and still giggle at the bad banana
with a greasy black peel:)
happy happenings,
Jennifer

Oldies, but Goodies