Wednesday, January 16, 2013

everywhere

 
 
If you have the eyes to see
you'll find beauty
everywhere.
 
Beauty in the smile of a stranger,
the laugh of a child,
the wag of a tail,
the purr of a cat.
 
Beauty in the delicious meal,
the tender hug,
the refrigerator art,
the sunset last night.
 
Beauty in the mess, the struggle,
the disappointments, the losses,
the strife, the hurt;
in the lessons they bring.
 
If you have eyes to see
you'll know that beauty
is just another word
for gratitude.


One of my favorite bloggers, Ann Voskamp said, "If God is everywhere, then beauty has to be everywhere." I think that's true. My own life experiences have certainly borne it out. I do find beauty everywhere. Do you?  Where? 

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Life is BEAUTY FULL indeed.
Love your posting love you

Anonymous said...

Such a true post. I agree that beauty is everywhere, if we look for it. I also agree that seeing it is very linked to gratitude. The simplest things can be beautiful: the fact that someone invented the colander, to take one example. x

Debbie said...

I think that is the thing that has been most affected by my photography, the ability to see beauty even in the most mundane of things. And I certainly take pictures of those mundane things.

GraceGal said...

I love Ann Voskamp too.
I have been challenged lately to look for the treasures in the dark places. Connecting with your poem.

Claire said...

Love this poem, love Ann, love that puss, love you.

Kyra said...

So true and so beautiful, admiring beauty is gratitude, gratitude towards life.

amelia said...

So true . . . and I love that quote!

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, beauty is everywhere. This is what I try to focus on in my blog. Lovely words of beauty here too.

alexa said...

I like this very much, and it's resonating for me too this week ... Thank-you.

joyce said...

I certainly see beauty in your cat, and may have to borrow this them for a blog post of my own.

Jeanie said...

This is a beautiful poem and I love it all the more because the cat looks so much like Stimpy. And yes, I do find beauty everywhere -- mostly in the kindness of others and the loveliness of little things -- Lizzie Cosette, tea in a pretty cup, my holiday things, Rick's eyes. Yes, everywhere.

S. Etole said...

Oh yes, it is. But sometimes it can be a bit hidden and needs some searching.

Tracy said...

Sweet image, Relyn... And I'm very much a believer that life is filled with beauty! Sometimes we don't always sweet beauty in everything right away, but if we take time--it's there, everywhere. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Oldies, but Goodies