Friday, November 1, 2013

It's November...


It's that time again.  It is November and every day this month I'll list something for which I am grateful.  Team Lawson does it every day here.  But, for November, I'll do it on Facebook as well.  Care to join me?

Today I am thankful for one of my students in particular.  He's an ornery boy with self-control issues.  He's the kind of kid who can't go to the bathroom alone because he'll either hang from the stall doors by his feet or see how many squirts it takes to empty the soap dispenser.

You know what he did?  Yesterday when we were talking about Halloween, he asked me my favorite candy.  This morning he brought me all his Reese's  peanut butter cups.

Today I am thankful for love; the pure, simple love of an 8 year old boy shown in a sweaty handful of candy.

8 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

A perfect thing to be thankful for!
Love it!

alexa said...

Such a sweet photo too!

alexa said...

Such a sweet photo too!

Jeanne said...

How sweet and precious indeed.
Love Jeanne

Cait O'Connor said...

I am so enjoying your other Gratitude blog with its exquisite pics and words that lift my spirit. Thank you. This one too and I shall checkout the Facebook page.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh Relyn.
How priceless:)
thanks for sharing those awkward
eight year old hands full of love
with us here,
Jennifer

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful thing to do! He sounds sweet as can be in his own inimitable way!

Kirsten Steen said...

That is just so touching! Who knew!? Btw, those are my favorites too. I told Sweetie we cannot buy those for Halloween because what isn't eaten, I will.

Oldies, but Goodies