Monday, February 10, 2014

Meet Vida Winter

I love books. I mean, I love books. At last count our home library had 4,000 volumes. My third grade classroom library has another 900, and my husband is a high school librarian. Each Monday you can join me here to see what I've been reading and loving. You'll find a little bit of everything and a whole lot of children's books. Welcome to some of my favorite flax golden tales.
 

The Thirteenth Tale is magical.  It's a gothic tale, a ghost story, a mystery, and a love story to books and readers and those beloved beings who write them for us.  I've added Woman in White and the stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to my library queue. How can I not when they are mentioned again and again in this magical book? I don't know what to say here as I don't want to give anything away. I guess all I can really tell you is that this is a story and these are characters who will stay with you for a long, long time.

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love books.
They are a gift you can open again and again.

Blessings

Love Jeanne

alexa said...

I haven't heard of this one but I am off to look it up. Not, of course, that we NEED any more books in this house :).

Lisa Gordon said...

Sounds like a good read for a cold winter afternoon.
Thank you for sharing, Relyn.

Suz said...

oooo I loved this book!

S. Etole said...

Just listened to Woman In White on BBC last week. Very enjoyable.

Mac n' Janet said...

Loved this book and absolutely hated its follow-up.

Sandy K. said...

SUCH a good book, Relyn. My book club read it last fall, or maybe last spring!, and we all agreed it had something for everyone. I LOVE books as well, and am desperate for more time to read...oh well, when I can, I do:). Thank you for highlighting this wonderful read.

Marilyn Miller said...

I just printed the list of recent books read just so I don't get the same ones again. Then I was adding a list of ones I want to read, this will be on the list momentarily. Sounds like one I would thoroughly enjoy. Books are an addiction, I panic when my to read stack gets low. Hooray the UPS guy brought my 5 new books today.

Kirsten Steen said...

Love all the aspects to this. Might have to add it to my VERY LONG list of books to read.

Hausfrau said...

I loved The Thirteenth Tale, too!

Oldies, but Goodies