Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Faves



* Quote of the Week: "The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them."  ~ unknown

* Something to Buy: I really want a stylish, smallish umbrella.  Like this one

* Some Thing to Make: a confettied wall

* Several Songs: 60s Oldies Radio is a pre-made Pandora station, and it is wonderful!

* Images of the Week: The Annular Eclipse Painter, Taiwan by Ken

* To Make You Think: "This will forever change the way you look at selfies" on the Unlooker

* Just for Fun: Click here

* BLOGspiration: Kitchen Fellowship by Alyssa Passage

* To Make You Laugh: I laughed until I could. not. breathe.  Really. (rated PG13)

* Anticipating: Jeffrey is hanging our new, super-cool, funky, retro-looking, black and nickel bedroom ceiling fan today.  I'm so excited!

* PINspiration: Aging awesomely, curated by Susannah Conway

  * In Case You Missed It: That Old Momma Magic 

* Some Things I Love: clematis (see above) and other climbing, flowering plants, this record-breakingly cool July we've been having, making decisions that feel good deep in my gut, waking up without an alarm clock, time to read a huge pile of magazines in one sitting, my new Relyn Lawson Photography postcards, the way our house looks all freshly painted and deep cleaned


Happy weekend, friends.  What delights do you have planned?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot and wonderful inspiration.

Mac n' Janet said...

Love the umbrella, if my Amazon link gets sorted I may have to look into it, 'cause Lord knows it rains enough here to deserve a great looking umbrella and we're going to London this summer and it rains way too much there too.
I like the confetti wall a lot, but I'm afraid my husband would think it was a bit too girly.

Have a great weekend.

Claire said...

Lovely post :)

Our weekend is a mess of vets visits, church, volunteering, wedding planning, and relaxing.

It's a lovely mess.

Kamana said...

love your friday faves. great reading and inspiration.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love your lists, your big wide stretch with which you embrace all the goodness you're offered. The way it lights you up:)
And your image....so stunning.
Thanks for sharing the beauty
that is you,
Jennifer

Mocadeaux said...

The yoga post made me laugh out loud. Also convinced me that I would NEVER try hot yoga! Also loved the google gravity!

Lisa Gordon said...

Relyn, this clematis is gorgeous!
I don't think I've ever seen one of this color.

I am hoping for a quiet weekend, because the next 3 weeks or so are going to be crazy busy, but in a good way.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

beth said...

i love seeing/reading what others love!!!

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh so many fun things here on your list today. Had to follow Susannah Conway's Aging awesomely. Loved the umbrella. I have a yoga mat I would sell too. How exciting to have a new ceiling fan you love. The picture from Taiwan, just wonderful. The Google made me smile. Have a great week.

Jeanie said...

You always have the most fun links. I seem to go through umbrellas like a crazy lady. I hope your new one is a good one!

Oldies, but Goodies