It has been a long, hard week in our house. My daughter has the flu, like so many other children this winter. This is the sickest she has ever been, and the whole thing has been quite nerve-wracking and exhausting. I was beginning to feel just like an unmade bed: rumpled, untidy, and ready to drop. But, God is good. He sent a reprieve just when I needed one. Sloane began to feel better this afternoon. While her Daddy spent time watching a movie with her, I knew just what I needed. I needed to boogie!
I would like to say that I danced like this.
I dream of some day dancing like this.
I really looked a lot more like this.
Doesn't matter though... By the end of my boogie, I felt like me again. I just love to boogie!
Here are some of my favorite boogie songs. What are yours?
- Old Time Rock n Roll - Bog Seger
- Footloose - Kenny Loggins
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk - Trace Adkins
- Tutti Frutti - Little Richard
- Twist and Shout - The Isley Brothers
- Rock Around the Clock - Bill Hailey and the Comets
- We Go Together - Grease soundtrack
- Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega