I have no idea how many times I have given that particular introduction for my daughter, Sloane. Since she was a tiny thing we have held fashion shows to model any new clothes for her Daddy and Bapak (my Dad). Over the past handful of years, my mother or I have made many such announcements in our best ringmaster voices. We have incredible and amazing livingroom shows featuring new gymnastics routines, art shows, even special dramatic performances, complete with costumes. The list is long.
Isn't it fun to share life with a little one? Their joy has way of making even the smallest things an occasion. And, think about it - a pretty new dress is worth announcing and admiring. A creative effort does deserve the applause of those who love you.
So tonight, in honor of my daughter, I am going to celebrate a few small joys and creative endeavors of my own. I hope my short and simple list will inspire you to celebrate your own life and the lives of those you love.
- The weather today was perfect. As I drove from errand to errand, I had all the windows down and the radio blasting. I sang along and did a shimmying seat dance or two. When other drivers gave me funny looks, I just grinned and waved.
- The weekend is almost over and my house is neat and tidy. The laundry is sorted, sprayed, and ready to wash.
- My husband, Jeffrey, recently finished reading By the Great Horn Spoon by Sid Fleischman aloud to Sloane and I. That was several hours of pure pleasure. What a lot of laughs!
- My friend, Katie, made a gorgeous name sign for me because I admired one she had made for someone else.
- I have a swingy, new, springish hair cut that mysteriously makes my hair look shiny.
- I am just about finished and ready to publish my first ever blog post. Yeah, me!!
Send me your list, if you like. I would love to celebrate with you. Yeah, you!!
I just love vintage circus pictures. The one in this post is an old advertisement.