Monday, April 21, 2008

Life is Good ~ Sing it Loud






Have you seen the meme asking for a six word autobiography yet?


What a cool idea. What a difficult task. How to sum up a life in a few words and not sound like a bumper sticker? My first thought when I saw the meme was relief that I was unlikely to ever be given such a task. It's funny that I remain untagged, but have written my perfect six word autobiography. I came up with it in less than a minute when I gave a title to this picture. At the time, I didn't have a clear idea for this post. I just knew I had to write about the picture that moved me so much. I thought titling it was a good place to start, even though I can't claim the honor of photographing it.


This picture is so me that when I described it, I realized I had described myself pretty well - autobiography well. Life is Good - Sing it Loud!


I'm a top-of-my-lungs-out-the-car-window kind of singer.

I'm a cry-at-Hallmark-commercials passionate woman.

I'm a want-to-hug-you-when-I-see-you-when-I-leave-you-and-any-time-you-make-me laugh kind of person.

I laugh often and loud.

I'm a roll-down-the-hill-in-my-Sunday-clothes kind of girl.

I say "Yes!" and "Why not?" more often than "No" or "We'll see."

I still ride on the merry-go-round every chance I get, and I race my daughter for the highest swing at the playground.




Life is Good - Sing it Loud! That's me.


What about you? If you like, consider yourself tagged.









The photo is from Gettyimages.com and was taken by Stephen H. Sheffield.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love of my Life,

This is the perfect post for you. I love it so much.

For those of you who do not have the blessing of know my wife personally, this is the way she lives. She is a sounder of barbaric YAWPS. She is a gift to Sloane and I! We know it every day.

Relyn's Husband

Laura said...

Dear Reyln,

This is such a beautiful post and on such a beautiful blog!! I am so glad you visited my blog and now I will be a regular visitor here!!!!

We seem to have a lot in common right off the bat!

I don't know many people who have read The Hiding Place.....that is one I read when I was a teenager. Very moving!

Let's keep in touch!!!!
love your images!!

love
laura duet
duetabode@comcast.net (in case you ever need it!!!)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I love these descriptions of you, especially the rolling down the hill in your Sunday clothes one. I get a big chuckle when I picture that one, but it is soooo You! Love, loVe, lOVe u, Kt

Oldies, but Goodies