I was recently describing my home to a friend who hasn't visited yet, and I remembered my Impossible Things post. I realized that I never did share my list with you. So, here it is. A little bit of eye candy and some
Improbable Things I Long For...
- trampoline and net for our backyard
- Louis Ghost Chair by Philippe Starck
- old white work French boutis (type of quilting)
- kitchen big enough for two grown ups and one child at the same time
- swing like the one in the gorgeous movie Secret Garden
- more flat surfaces in my house to create pretty vignettes
- a gorgeous, white mantle and generous hearth
- to have a cutting garden and grow Iceland poppies
- armfuls of fresh flowers every single Friday afternoon
- the perfect canvas messenger bag for Jeffrey
- many, many more vintage Japanese fishing floats for their gorgeous blue-green color
- three Endless Summer hydrangea bushes
- aged marble or terracotta bust of a very pretty girl with a flower in her hair. (I want to decorate her seasonally. You know, a Santa hat at Christmas and daisy wreath in the summer. The only ones I could ever afford are brand new. So, the first thing I would do is leave her outside for the summer. Get her nice and beat up and vintage-y looking.)
- a custom silhouette by Sharyn Sowell
- more big round mirrors (from old dressers) for my collection
- a window seat in a second floor window with a gorgeous view (a pile of favorite books, two pillows, and a cozy throw nearby)
- silver Cinni fan
- Airstream trailer
- huge, round patina-ed something - clockworks maybe - to go over my mantle
- hardwood floors throughout my house
- an Aubusson rug
- two tickets to Wicked when it travels to Kansas City
What do you long for?
Happy dreaming. Sursum corda.
The photographs here are from Toast.