This week's good thing is inspired by a post at Turkey Cookies. Jessica got me thinking about lounge pants and how much I love them. I have spent many days this summer in lounge pants; quiet, lazy days full of reading, crafting with Sloane, blogging, and not much else. I love lounge pants because you can spend the evening in your pajamas and still look cute enough that your daughter's friend coming over doesn't send you rushing to change clothes. At least, that's the way it is when you have cute lounge pants.
- sew hobo bags
- sew a funky apron or just add a pocket to a purchased one
- make a table topper (if you can't sew, just cut in a straight line using pinking sheers or let it fray)
- wrap bulky gifts (just cut edges with pinking shears, place gift in the middle, gather the fabric hobo bundle style and tie off with ribbons)
- sew retro looking dresses for the little girl in your life
- make summer shorts for your little ones
- create no-sew fabric envelopes
- if you like the fabric enough you can even use it to sew throw pillows for your sofa
Just in case you are not up for a sewing project, you can purchase the lounge pants featured above here. The wonderful hot pink lounge pants were not made from vintage sheets but from new fabric and the pattern found here. Click here to read about the domestic goddess who sewed them. Click here to discover many more ideas for recycling old sheets.