I sat quietly and listened to all she said. Deep down I had the feeling that Oletta most likely knew all that was worth knowing, not in book-learning ways, but in the ways that really mattered, ways that let you hum songs during the day and sleep peacefully at night. ~ from Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
I've been thinking lately about wisdom. I've been wanting to collect more of it. We all have wisdom that has been hard-gained. And wisdom that was handed down along with our breakfast cereal and mother's milk. So tell me, what lets you hum songs all day and sleep peacefully at night? What do you know is true?
- Write thank you notes immediately; for every little thing.(still working on this one)
- Wear sunscreen.
- Own at least one pair of bluejeans that fits perfectly.
- It is always better to be overdressed than under-dressed.
- Owning a dog = a happier life
- People become more beautiful in direct proportion to how much you love them.
- A day without laughter is a sad, sad, waste of a day.
- You really can smile your way into a better mood.
- What we believe about ourselves most determines how others see us.
- Be the one your boss/customer/client can count on.
- Never, never, never, never, never, never, never give up!