image is by HoneyPie Living and is used with permission
Week 36 of the Wednesday lists.
This week's list is inspired by a wonderful poem by Judith Viorst.
If I were in charge of the world...
- Desserts and veggies would trade places on the food pyramid.
- There would be clean water for everyone.
- Shoes would tie themselves and only come untied when given a special command by their wearer.
- No one would ever be hungry.
- People who did not pull over for ambulances would receive a $200 ticket, every time. Someone could be dying in that ambulance.
- Every toilet would be equipped with an automatic flusher, room spray, and seat lowering device.
- Good TV shows would never devolve into soap operas.
- Teachers would be paid at least as much as lawyers.
- Smoking would automatically disqualify someone for food stamps. If you can afford to smoke, you can afford food.
- No one (especially me) would ever need bifocals. And trifocals?? Fugeddaboudit.
- Comment trolls would get a horrible virus in their computer every time they spread their nastiness around.
- Scientists would find a cure for cancer, MS, and a whole host of other diseases.
- Every man would get a bad case of PMS at least once in their lives. (For the resulting compassion, of course.)
- I would have that magical gift of always saying the right thing at the right time.
- Artists would be paid at least as much as doctors.
- Service providers would always be treated with respect and appreciation.
- All boobs would remain perky; even after middle age.