Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Morning Poetry

"you may kiss the bride"

How Do I Love Thee?
Sonnet 43

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee, freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

I took this picture at the wedding last weekend. I snapped it immediately as the kiss was ending.

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fabulous indeed
Much love
Happy Sunday

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how much do I love this
and thee:)
-Jennifer

Marilyn Miller said...

A beautiful picture of pure JOY and love. The Elizabeth Barrett Browning words fit perfectly with this gorgeous photo.

alexa said...

One of my favourites ... and a superb photo.

Rita said...

I love this poem! The picture is quite fitting for it. You are a fabulous photographer. When we come up, would you take some pics of us?

Sweet Tea said...

The older I become and the longer I am married the more it seems I understand the depth of that lovely poem. Gorgeous bride & groom and perfectly matched with the poem!

S. Etole said...

that shot is perfect in its timing ... along with one of my favorite poems

Debby said...

What a great picture. Sure shows the love that they have for each other. Good job.

Tracy said...

LOVE, love, love... the best gift in this life. :o) WONDERFUL photo, Relyn...it just sings of happiness and love. Happy week to you & yours ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

A perfect pairing in more ways than one! Thank you for reminding me of why that poem is so justly famous - it's wonderful. Have a good week, Relyn!

amelia said...

Oh, one of my favorites!

Oldies, but Goodies