Friday, April 26, 2013

a passion for Paris


Kirsten Steen is one of my long-term blogging friends.  I visit her to get my regular dose of beauty and Paris.  She is a woman who pursues her passions with grace and dedication.  It is a delight to introduce you to a traveler and fellow shutterbug.  I know you'll love Kirsten as much as I do. 


My sister moved to Paris over 20 years ago
and since then, it has become a captivating passion for me. 
We began going every couple of years to visit and then as times got better, every year. 
With time, planning and luck, we bought an apartment, a car 
(and a parking space, yes they're real estate too) 
and took a year off from our jobs,
 living in and traveling France and nearby countries. 

Since travel and photography are also my passions,
here are a few photos to show you some of the things I love about Paris. 



Sooo many shops...


and such ancient beauty...


Ohhh their balconies...


Who can resist the many fountains?





And the window shopping...





Another passion for me is doors and windows
and in Paris, there is a magnificent shot on every block and around every corner...






I love their pasttimes...



Of course, le PAIN!


the FOOD...




And the dizzying variety of those patisserie yummies. 


I understand that Paris belongs to everyone
but...
it seems we each have our own little slice of it
filled with the sights, sounds, smells and people we come across daily
all wrapped up in that dream-like hue called memory. 
And each time we visit that dream,
or someone else's,
we get to return again and again
to our own little neighborhood, restaurant or cafe
and dream of the next time. 


(Photos copyright: Kirsten Steen)

11 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

These photographs are just beautiful, and how fortunate you were to be able to live there.

Thank you so much for sharing this here, Relyn.
I wish you a wonderful weekend!

Marilyn Miller said...

Your photos indeed remind me of all the things I love about Paris. How I would love the apartment or hide away there. I would travel there more often. Thanks for sharing your passion for Paris.

Roban said...

I think it's wonderful that you've been able to claim a bit of Paris for yourself. Your photographs nearly (nearly) transported me there!

S. Etole said...

What a treat to meet you in Paris via your photos and shared words. Thank you, Relyn, for sharing this.

Kyra said...

Ahhh Paris, I have never been to the city, but I have been in love with it forever, it's streets filled with eternal stories, it's cafe's, life passing by them, I have promised myself to walk this city, exploring it's delight someday.

DolceDreams said...

Merci for sharing Kirsten's Paris!
Nathalie

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh what joy to have family there.
these photos are litle sweet little chocolates I just want to hold in my mouth and savor.
thanks for sharing the beauty,
Jennifer

Kirsten Steen said...

Thanks Relyn, for letting me be part of your passionate crew! I adore you!
Bisous, Kirsten

Jeanie said...

Kirsten loves so many of the same things about Paris as I do, it is joyful to see her post and all the memories it brings back to me. Must check out her blog. It IS Paris, after all! Another great choice, Relyn.

amelia said...

Ooh, I love it! Thanks for allowing us to travel vicariously . . . it was all sorts of fabulous!

Jaime said...

Oh, the balconies! And the doors. I took many pictures of them myself, when I was there.
These images are delightful! How I would love to see Paris in the springtime.

Oldies, but Goodies