Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Light: December Reflections


Christmas arrives in my heart in a different way each year.  Last year Christmas came while we were shopping at our local market.   Sometimes Christmas comes at church.  Sometimes Christmas arrives before Thanksgiving, and at others, not till Christmas Eve.  This year, Christmas arrived via Facebook.  My friend, Dawn, posted a video that I cried all the way through.

And, as I cried, Christmas came.  That ever repeating miracle arrived, and I felt again the bone deep knowledge of light, of truth.  The real light, not only of Christmas, but of the world, came as a babe.  He lived a sinless life, and died an innocent man.  For me.  And, joy of joys, He rose again.

Merry Christmas, everyone.  May His light be yours.





2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Relyn,

It's been awhile since I stopped by and agree that sometimes the strangest things can inspire us and give us back that Spirit of Christmas. Sometimes for me, it can sometimes be Christmas music that instantly takes me back to my childhood. I too, loved this video. It's about connecting to something greater than just ourselves. Thank you for sharing it and hope you'll stop by soon.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Marilyn Miller said...

That was a precious video. Christmas most often comes to me when I slow down the last week before that special day and sit with the music of the season in a concert we attend each year. I have a feeling it might hit sooner this year, like tomorrow, when we take our little guy on a Christmas steam engine ride with Santa.

Oldies, but Goodies