I had a lousy day at work today. The kind of day that makes you rethink your entire career. The kind that makes you wonder why you even bother when nothing you do or give is ever enough. It was one of those Please-God-let-tomorrow-be-better-or-I-quit days. Just a flat out YUCKY day. Never mind the details, I already lived them once. Anyway, the details don't matter. You know the kind of day I mean. We all have them, though I wish that weren't true.
I absolutely could not spend my evening brooding on all that had gone wrong. Instead, I decided to find good things to think about. Things I enjoy. Things I am grateful for. Moments of goodness and inspiration right now - in spite of the day I've had. Here they are. From me to you for the next time you have a day when you wish you had just stayed in bed.
- These words.
- Flickr in general, and this view especially.
- This song, which is so very Jeffrey. (Please ignore the video and just listen to the song.)
- Cruising blogland; finding inspiration.
- A friend recently gave birth to a gorgeous, healthy, longed-for baby girl. Welcome, dear Ava.
- These springtime pictures.
- One perfect candy bar.
- This huge pile of books waiting for me. I've read a bit of each book, so I already know I will love them.
- This face.
Even when the day is long. Even when your heart is heavy, your mind sore, your body weary. Even when your spirit feels bruised. Even then, life is good.
Sursum corda -lift up your heart.