* A song: one of my favorites, "Drunk on the Moon" by Tom Waits
* Great Read: Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson
* Absolute Best Moment: The moment today when I sold my first picture (see link below). I hung up the phone, laughed like a loon, and promptly burst into tears. God is so good! He makes my dreams come true.
* Image of the Week: One of the Little Rock Nine, by Relyn Lawson
* DIY idea: a fun little project for your little ones
* Quote of the Week: "The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
* Funniest Moment: I was greeting the class as they came in the day after Halloween when one of my kids gave me an absolutely disgusted look and said, "Someone gave us toothpaste!" She didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.
The Thinker, a sculpture in the DesMoines sculpture park. Jeffrey, Sloane, and I had a marvelous time there last weekend.