an old picture of Sloane, and my favorite
Well, I have a few no-fail habits for times like this. The first thing I do is spend time in prayer and commit my time and my priorities to the Lord. I spent my getting ready time singing worship songs instead of running around frantically trying to get another thing done. Then, I did what I always do when the going gets tough - I began to count my blessings. 57 was the random number that popped into my head, so I present you with a new list...
57 Kinds of Awesome, part one
- The sunrise for about two weeks now has been completely awe inspiring.
- Friends who really know me and love me anyway
- I have a little boy in my class who brings me a flower from his mother's garden every time the current one fades.
- I love my job, even when there is too much to do.
- I serve a Father who cares deeply when I am overwhelmed and tired. When I feel that way, He has promised to let me soar like the eagles if I simply rest in Him. (Isaiah 40:31)
- I have so many photoshoots this autumn that I am well on my way to the new camera I've been saving for.
- Sloane turns 13 in two weeks. I am so excited about the surprises we have planned for her!
- Understanding, helpful friends
- These oh-so-amazing leaves!
- The bone deep knowledge that God is faithful.